Monday, January 31, 2011

Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallehhhhhhhlujahhhhhhhhhhhh

I found a grocery store and filled my cart with the most non exotic foods the Philippines has ever seen.  Remember the movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, right after the dinner of eyeball soup and monkey brains? Indiana goes to Kate Capshaw’s room and she thinks he’s trying to seduce her but all he’s doing is offering her a basket of apples and oranges?  If you know that scene, that was me in the grocery store today. 
White bread, PB & J, mixed berry yogurt, Special K cereal bars, tropical fruit in a can, oranges and white tea.  Ahhh what a relief.  No more prepared foods for me for at least a week.  I’ll be brown bagging it to the call center going forward.  In addition to all that boring food, I bought liquid Lysol, Lysol in a can, rubber gloves, disinfectant wipes and scrubbed  the shit out of this room from top to bottom.  I looked like Cinderella scrubbing the floors before the ball, I think I was just chanelling my energies, I was a cleaning freak.  I even wiped down every item of food I bought from the Hypermarket.  I scrubbed the bathroom floors, the dressers, the tv, the door knobs, the counter tops, everything.  I feel more at ease and my stomach is feeling better.  Tonight’s menu: low fat peanut butter without partially hydrogenated evils, strawberry smuckers jam on white bread, almonds, an orange and white tea.  Yawn and Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment